Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
"Have I Been Pwned?" Online Utility; A feature for checking if online accounts have been compromised
Topic Started: Apr 15 2018, 07:50 AM (641 Views)
GreatTreeJam
Member Avatar
The Adjudicator

Dunno if folks are aware of this little online utility, but there is a site called "Have I Been Pwned?" that lets folks check the Web to see if personal information across various websites tied to a specific email account or username has been compromised by data breaches. If you want to check it out, you may see for yourself by clicking the following link:

Have I Been Pwned?

While this is a pretty useful tool, all security tools should be used in tandem with basic safe practices for surfing the web. This includes (but is not limited to) regularly changing your passwords, making your passwords lengthy and complex, exercising caution with where and when you disclose personal info, using competent security software/doing regular scans for malicious software, and using 2-step verification when possible. I'm not an authority regarding online security, and so I won't go into greater detail on everything you should do to keep your personal info secure while online. You can learn more about online security by doing your own research and being responsible.

This website tool is provided "as-is" by the site's owner for anyone who wishes to use it. It's entirely free, but is not meant to supplant your capacity to keep your info secure while online. That said, it is a nice way to check if personal info tied to online accounts is no longer secure.

Use it as you wish...'cause I don't care. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tech Corner · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Find more great themes at the IFSZ