Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

ADVERTISING IS GONE.

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some new guy
Topic Started: Aug 12 2017, 06:11 PM (356 Views)
mcoorlim
Member Avatar

Hi there. My name's Michael, and I've recently started making LP videos as a hobby. I play older games, for the most part, but I'll also give indie games a try if my old-ass computer has what it takes to run them. Making these videos is how I unwind, but I've also started doing them to sharpen my extemporaneous speaking skills.

In my day to day life I'm a writer, mostly novels, mostly science fiction. That's my day job, and I've been at it since 2011. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about what that's like. Or about anything else, really.

I have a few other creative projects - a vlog that's mostly about writing, a few podcasts that I produce, and I dabble in game design and development, both digital and tabletop. I like to keep busy, you know? And I think that the more ways you can tell a story, the better. For me, that's what all my different creative endeavors boil down to: Storytelling.

I also like to cook, and to experiment with new foods. I have a twitch channel, but I really only use it as a Twitch Creative to livestream my writing and creative process.

Anyway. That's me. I look forward to getting to know the rest of you.
Edited by mcoorlim, Aug 12 2017, 06:20 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dahubbz

Welcome!

Your hobbies/projects sound pretty cool. The people I have interacted on here have been nice, so you should feel welcomed. I look forward to checking out your content.

FEZeldalord12345
Member Avatar

Welcome to LPS, Michael! I go by FEZ, and I'm the guy who worships jRPGs. Interesting hobbies and job you've got there. I'm still in college, so I get to enjoy being a dishwasher for my job. Yay.(not really that bad, and my coworkers are awesome) Storytelling is a very interesting hobby. I'm not a creative guy, so it doesn't sound like my thing, but it seems fun to do.

You mentioned that you enjoy old-school games, but is there a particular genre of games you really like, such as platformers or fighting games? Also, how far old-school are we talking? Nowadays people are starting to call the PS2 and Gamecube old-school.

Xelderik
Member Avatar

Hey mcoorlim, great to have you here. I dabble in a bit of writing myself, not as much as I used to but I still try it out from time to time :) I'll be sure to check out your channel.

athrun_talan
Member Avatar
Cornish Geek Extraordinaire
That's a great word, extemporaneous.

Welcome Mcoorlim, great to see you here at LPS! I'm a fan of cooking myself, one the genuine pleasures in life.

You have some really interesting hobbies, and I like the style of your channel. I hope you enjoy your time here with us :D
Edited by athrun_talan, Aug 13 2017, 06:51 AM.

mcoorlim
Member Avatar

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

FEZeldalord12345
Aug 12 2017, 11:12 PM

You mentioned that you enjoy old-school games, but is there a particular genre of games you really like, such as platformers or fighting games? Also, how far old-school are we talking? Nowadays people are starting to call the PS2 and Gamecube old-school.
My favorite genres are adventure, RPGs, and management sim/tycoon games. I also enjoy Metroidvanias, roguelikes, and 4x games.

As far as how old-school? I'm currently LPing Fallout 1 and Master of Orion II, but I'd go as far back to the Apple II and C64 if the mood struck me.
Edited by mcoorlim, Aug 13 2017, 08:32 AM.

Alucard700
Member Avatar
Alucard700
Hello mcoorlim. Welcome, Looks like we have a few similarities. I too play old games but never used commodore 64 but do played gba, n64 ,nes,dos and some old pc games which my pc supports. I can't say that I am a writer like you because I am not having that much skills.But I have done some blogging by creating a walkthroughs of the game Zelda oot. But stopped for some issues. I liked those games fallout and detective etc. I never played them in my entire life.Hope you have a great time with us.

FEZeldalord12345
Member Avatar

Commodore 64, eh? Yeah, that definitely goes way far back. Can't say I have much experience with that.

I forgot to mention this last night, probably because I was tired, but one form of writing I do excel in is game reviews. One of my favorite things to do is explain my feelings towards the games I play, and writing reviews is a great way of doing that, especially when I don't want to commit to a full Let's Play of it.

Just Mad Gamers
Member Avatar

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the sanctuary. I'm interested in game development myself. It really only been in the concept phase though. Sketches here and there. May pick your brain one day. I hope you enjoy your time here. You'll find a very inviting community here😊

GreatTreeJam
Member Avatar
The tough critic

Welcome to the Sanctuary Michael. I hope you're enjoying your time on the Sanctuary.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ