Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LISA Feedback; Not for the faint of heart
Topic Started: Aug 9 2017, 09:37 AM (47 Views)
GravitySloth
Member Avatar
Learning every day
Hey folks! I was hoping to get some feedback on this first episode of my new series: LISA: The Painful RPG Part 1
It should be noted that this series is inappropriate for anyone sensitive to issues of abuse, drug addiction, strong language, and violence.

Specifically I am interested in the following:
1. Is the volume okay? I have a master volume control and I usually make it louder, but I forgot to this time. Can you understand me and hear the game clearly? (Please mention if you listened on headphones or speakers)
2. Do you feel like my commentary is interesting and engaging?
3. How do you feel about my voice acting? Is it obnoxious? Funny? Engaging?
4. Overall impressions and general feedback.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me feedback, I really think I'm starting to get into the groove with this whole thing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alucard700
Member Avatar
Alucard700
I think I would watch this like part by par because I have no much time since the video is about 38 min. The walkthrough and gameplay strategy is good. Never seen this sort of game. It shows that how much is important to take care of their child and of course its pretty bad if you have no parents. The story is touches my heart too much.

You change voice for each characters was good and I don't find any trouble with audio but only thing was I used to play so much action games and fast games and never seen some slow games like this. But watching your video makes to play some games like these too.Of course one thing I can say is without your commentary for this game people may feel boring to watch it. But your commentary and narration of the story tempts me to watch for some more time.

Want to see the whole story of the game and I will be waiting for your part 2 video.

GravitySloth
Member Avatar
Learning every day
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you liked it. Do you think it would be better if the parts were shorter? For example, 20 minutes instead of 38?

Alucard700
Member Avatar
Alucard700
Yeah good idea, as 20 minutes looks like not too long and not too short. But I said that because I don't have much time. The best idea is if you are making a game like this then you should make a certain level video and should stop the scene just at a place where you can raise the viewers curiosity, like they must think what will happen next.

See my video of my favourite game severance blade of darkness is about 50 minutes. The difference between you and me is, mine is rpg hack n slash game and yours is an rpg which has some interesting story line. If people watch my video they may fast forward to see actions which may cause loss of some scenes but mine is only actions and puzzles and some scenes may be ignored or its like actions means they will be keep on watching as its a bit fast game. But coming to your game your game is slow and has some good story line with cinematic scenes. So to make out your video people had to see continuosly so that they should not lose the story. Making long videos may bore them while watching as so many people are busy and lose interest very soon and can't persevere for long time.

So I recommend you to make a bit short time and make a scene like the ending should raise the curiosity for the viewers and should make them defenitely waiting for your next video.

But friend its my opinion only , do some research and see other people's opinion too. Don't change your mind just for me. Regards.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Let's Play Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ