Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

ADVERTISING IS GONE.

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What's happening in your life at the moment?
Topic Started: Aug 8 2017, 02:35 AM (349 Views)
athrun_talan
Member Avatar
Cornish Geek Extraordinaire
A topic for any news you want to share - good, bad or otherwise.

We've recently started fostering a 4 year old Collie who needs some operations due to a severe form of hip dysplasia, with his first one being this morning, so we're a bit worried about the little guy.

I've also got some parts coming for a smaller rebuild of my current PC - downsizing from ATX to MicroATX to make it a bit lighter and easier to move - so I'm looking forward to building that tonight.

On the channel front, sadly I've lost 2 subscribers in the last week or so. Not sure why, but it's disheartening. Getting a lot of views and watch time (comparatively speaking) for some of my videos, they're just not hooking people in to subscribe.

What about you guys?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Xelderik
Member Avatar

Well in my life so far I'm trying to get into a new job, but it's a little slow at the moment, so just plodding along with that. As for losing Subs, I know how you feel, I lost 2 over the last 2 months also :( but oh well, at least I've still got people enjoying my content and that's all that matters. As for some better news I have now finally got my car back on the road, so I'm out and about.

So all in all, life is good :)

Maser
Member Avatar

My wife and I are currently the fulltime caregivers to my Great-Grandmother who's suffering from the final stage of dementia. She's been living with us since last month and it's been an interesting time to say the least. It can be a little frustrating at times for my wife and I, but we understand. Our kids don't totally understand. We don't just throw our elders away in our family, so she will be living with us until God makes His final call to her and she answers.
Edited by Maser, Aug 8 2017, 04:09 PM.

FEZeldalord12345
Member Avatar

So far, life's been the same over the last couple of months. I'm working at my job, continuing to pay off my student loans, and playing video games. College will be starting up next month, so yay for that. I've also been participating a bit more in Smash tournaments. Not as much as I'd like due to my work schedule, but I've been improving more and more. A part of me wants to take Smash as seriously as possible, and maybe try it out full-time if I can improve enough. Unfortunately, Smash doesn't make enough money for that.

CaptainBarnaby198
Member Avatar
Formerly known as GamesN'Soda

I am working 6-7 days a week and playing breath of the wild.
I also made a cake.

Alucard700
Member Avatar
Alucard700
Well recently I too lost one subscriber . at first it was 7 then it became 9 in the evening and next day it was 8. So my situation looks like not happy but also not sad. The only thing I don't like is getting dislikes in my videos and it happens due to the people from reddit. One of the guy was troubling me as if my walkthroughs of morrowind was useless and was giving some stupid advice to create something which they like.

I think in reddit only this happens due to lot of competitors. They don't behave like friends. One of my videos of pc game Spider man 2 letsplay has more than 7 dislikes.

Now I am working on a theme music from the game zelda ocarina of time. Song of storms which I have played in my casio keyboard. Hopefully I am going to upload it soon.

athrun_talan
Member Avatar
Cornish Geek Extraordinaire
Alucard700
Aug 11 2017, 05:39 AM
Well recently I too lost one subscriber . at first it was 7 then it became 9 in the evening and next day it was 8. So my situation looks like not happy but also not sad. The only thing I don't like is getting dislikes in my videos and it happens due to the people from reddit. One of the guy was troubling me as if my walkthroughs of morrowind was useless and was giving some stupid advice to create something which they like.

I think in reddit only this happens due to lot of competitors. They don't behave like friends. One of my videos of pc game Spider man 2 letsplay has more than 7 dislikes.
I haven't put any time into Reddit I must admit, but this community and another Discord based one I was invited to have always been decent - helping each other grow and actually being decent to one another. I guess it varies depending on the community though.

Maser

My wife and I are currently the fulltime caregivers to my Great-Grandmother who's suffering from the final stage of dementia. She's been living with us since last month and it's been an interesting time to say the least. It can be a little frustrating at times for my wife and I, but we understand. Our kids don't totally understand. We don't just throw our elders away in our family, so she will be living with us until God makes His final call to her and she answers.

That's very noble of you mate, you should be proud of what you're doing. Dementia's become a bigger and bigger issue as the years tick by, and there doesn't seem to been a lot of headway made on the research. Having family she recognises in moments of lucidity might make it a little easier for you.

mcoorlim
Member Avatar

I was on the radio this morning. That was pretty cool.

HappyTrigger
Member Avatar
I'm Happy, Are You?
Right now I'm trying to get my damn junker car I'm working order again! This big blue brick had the breaks blow out. Have to change the lines. The biggest issue is that I am between jobs and need this in unreliable POS to get a new job. Rough seas right now.
Edited by HappyTrigger, Aug 15 2017, 02:26 AM.

Psychometric
Member Avatar
雲の霊
I started a new job a few weeks ago.

Finished recording an album with my band which is in the mixing stage at the moment, although we released one track as a single in the build up to releasing the album.

Been playing a few gigs with the band and working on some music for a solo project as well.

Sadly my LPs have taken a bit of a backseat as the new job has pretty long hours and I'm having a hard time fitting everything in! I'm going to be getting back to making videos very soon though. Was hoping to get something up this week, but as usual, I ended up with too much other stuff to do. Soon though!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Community Banter · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ