Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you decide what game to play next?
Topic Started: Jul 24 2017, 05:55 AM (337 Views)
athrun_talan
Member Avatar
Cornish Geek Extraordinaire
So, you've just finished up your latest series, and you're wondering 'what should I play/record next?'

How do you decide? Do you hold a viewer poll, play a game that you know will be popular, something you've wanted to play for a while, or just something that takes your fancy?

What's your method? Personally, I've got a bit of a list of games I want to cover in the future, so I tend to look to that list first. I also have a few ideas that come to mind here and there - including what will hopefully be my first collaborative LP in August - and have on occasion started a LP on a game I've wanted to replay for a while (Dark Souls being the latest).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FEZeldalord12345
Member Avatar

I have a giant list of games that I want to LP, so I usually choose from them. For my case though, what LP I will do immediately after my current one is already decided months in advance. I spend a lot of time doing test runs of a specific game, so that particular game is the one that will definitely be the follow-up.

BreakingKode
Member Avatar

I... have a mental list prepared, but mostly it all boils down to games I've played before. I'm not one for totally blind LPing, even though I'm going to have to come to grips with that at some point.

I also try and prioritize ones that can be entertaining for those who watch as well.

Xelderik
Member Avatar

Normally I just choose what I feel like at the time or whatever interests me. I don't really like playing games my viewers choose, typically because if I know I wont like it then the videos will suck. So normally it's things that interest me and I know I will enjoy. I do have a small list inside my head though of things I want to LP for the future, also some specials I want to do for special occasions :)

Warr
Member Avatar

You play what you want, what you feel like, what is fun for you. If you're going to play something that is popular at the time you record it and you're not really feeling like it, it can be heard on your commentary.

Just my 2c

SidecarGames
Member Avatar

I have a long list of games I want to play, so I am just moving through the list. But I mostly do themed let's play series, like I currently have a metroidvania series where I just play metroidvania games, a classic series where we just play PS1/N64 and older games, and we have a souls/souls-like series now so we will be working through that catalogue.
Edited by SidecarGames, Jul 27 2017, 04:39 PM.

The Fabulous Crusty
Member Avatar

For me it's a mix between finding what I enjoy playing, what I genuinely think could make an entertaining video, and what has an audience for potential growth.

I could play any old game for myself, but there are people watching. If it's been done a thousand times and isn't that interesting then nobody is going to stick around. I want people to enjoy the content as much as I do.

Whoopeepoop

I watch some trailers for games that released recently, I have some games saved in my library and I am checking games that are about to release...from them I pick one

Alucard700
Member Avatar
Alucard700
I play old games only. So whenever I play a game I completely finish it and then start taking videos on it as a replay. When will be recording a game would be playing another game for time pass. So At a time I play 2 games for fun and for video creating as well.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Let's Play & Live Stream Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ