Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
First attempt at thumbnails; I think they came out pretty good. What do you think?
Topic Started: Jul 4 2017, 04:19 PM (380 Views)
TokyoMango
Member Avatar

Hello! I'm currently preparing channel. I want to have everything figured out before
I launch. I'm going to do a Mario Sunshine let's play. I already recorded and edited
2 episodes. I also made the thumbnails for them. What are your guys's thoughts?

I tried to make them look nice, but also have them fit with the channel logo.

Did I do a good job? I have never made a Youtube Thumbnail before so I don't really
know what makes a good one.

Thanks!

The Thumbnail for episode 1.

The Thumbnail for episode 2.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Just Mad Gamers
Member Avatar

Hi mango,

Looking at both thumbs, I can say that they are pretty simple and nice. Gonna guess that the multi color bar is your thing as it is on your logo in your signature, which is another nice touch. Something I had to learn, as far as thumbnails go is that you keep it simple. When people scroll through YouTube, the thumbnail is what catches their eye first. If it's simple and recognizable and relevant to what they're looking, they're more likely to check it out. The thumbs here look to accomplish that to me.

Good job!

Can't wait to check them out when you get started

TokyoMango
Member Avatar

Just Mad Gamers
Jul 5 2017, 08:43 AM
Hi mango,

Looking at both thumbs, I can say that they are pretty simple and nice. Gonna guess that the multi color bar is your thing as it is on your logo in your signature, which is another nice touch. Something I had to learn, as far as thumbnails go is that you keep it simple. When people scroll through YouTube, the thumbnail is what catches their eye first. If it's simple and recognizable and relevant to what they're looking, they're more likely to check it out. The thumbs here look to accomplish that to me.

Good job!

Can't wait to check them out when you get started
Thanks for the feedback and the info! Glad to hear you like it.

KennyMaximum

Personally, I'd probably end up skipping over it if I saw it while scrolling, something about it seems off. You can check my thumbnails to get an idea for what I do (I'm no expert either though). What you have now seems a bit naked lol and the logo and number is too big (I'd just use a number to represent what part it is). I tend to use my thumbnails to say something witty/informative/or just down right ridiculous. Just tinker around with it until you strike gold.

Haven't figured out the signature thing yet so I'll post the channel here for you to take a look at, hopefully my account isn't thrown in the void for "advertising" or something.

KennyMaximum
Edited by KennyMaximum, Jul 6 2017, 02:10 AM.

DoctorMadcow
Member Avatar
Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
I like them. Very sharp, very distinct. It will be easy to pick your channel out with a consistent styling like that. The background imagery seems pretty pixelated, I'm guessing you took an in-game screenshot? Maybe try searching for a cleaner image elsewhere that looks similar to get a higher resolution.

TokyoMango
Member Avatar

DoctorMadcow
Jul 6 2017, 09:03 AM
I like them. Very sharp, very distinct. It will be easy to pick your channel out with a consistent styling like that. The background imagery seems pretty pixelated, I'm guessing you took an in-game screenshot? Maybe try searching for a cleaner image elsewhere that looks similar to get a higher resolution.
Yeah the screenshots are from my game capture. I don't have the best capture card
in the world. For the final ones I might take screenshots from emulated footage. Thanks
for pointing it out to me!
KennyMaximum
Jul 6 2017, 02:01 AM
Personally, I'd probably end up skipping over it if I saw it while scrolling, something about it seems off. You can check my thumbnails to get an idea for what I do (I'm no expert either though). What you have now seems a bit naked lol and the logo and number is too big (I'd just use a number to represent what part it is). I tend to use my thumbnails to say something witty/informative/or just down right ridiculous. Just tinker around with it until you strike gold.

Haven't figured out the signature thing yet so I'll post the channel here for you to take a look at, hopefully my account isn't thrown in the void for "advertising" or something.

KennyMaximum
I kinda like the typed out, large numbers. I don't see many people doing it. But
I'll tinker around with it.
Edited by TokyoMango, Jul 6 2017, 04:01 PM.

Just Mad Gamers
Member Avatar

TokyoMango
Jul 6 2017, 04:00 PM
KennyMaximum
Jul 6 2017, 02:01 AM

KennyMaximum
I kinda like the typed out, large numbers. I don't see many people doing it. But
I'll tinker around with it.
I like it too. I think it's different and unique. What ever you do, you should make it your own. OWN IT ...^_^... When we started our channel, I wanted to add in some original work, as artists, somewhere. I decided to do original artwork for the thumbnail. It's become our thing. When you start something , you should always look for a way to make it your own. This may be a good start. I'd run with it. I'd love to see what you make of it.

Wesleycake
Member Avatar

I like the design, i think its something different that i havent really seen before, i do agree that the images do look abit pixelated, but i think you have a good thumbnail concept, my first thumbnails were not as good, so your already off to a good start, also Super Mario Sunshine is one of my favorite Mario game so i look forward to watchin your LP's :D

TokyoMango
Member Avatar

Wesleycake
Jul 7 2017, 10:17 PM
I like the design, i think its something different that i havent really seen before, i do agree that the images do look abit pixelated, but i think you have a good thumbnail concept, my first thumbnails were not as good, so your already off to a good start, also Super Mario Sunshine is one of my favorite Mario game so i look forward to watchin your LP's :D
Thank you! Sunshine is one of my all time favourite games. Can't wait to start uploading
once I'm fully prepared.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Creativity Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ