Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

ADVERTISING IS GONE.

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you psyche yourself up before recording?
Topic Started: May 15 2017, 06:55 AM (508 Views)
mitzybear
Member Avatar

Hey guys, I was just interested in everyone's method for psyching themselves up before hitting that record button. For me, after I've got all the notes ready, my programs ready to run, my audio check has been done, and I've got everything organized around my deck, I then go and watch a LP of the game I'm doing. I am currently playing Final Fantasy X which is the first LP I watched as well. I watch NintendoCapriSun play through a little bit of the segment I'm about to do to tell myself "others have done it so can you." I then think about how I'm going to open the video, hit record and go from there.

So what do you all do to "get your head in the game"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DoctorMadcow
Member Avatar
Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
Excellent question - I almost always record late at night, so I down a few cups of coffee and that usually gets me going. I just need to make sure my energy level is high enough so I don't come across as sleepy. I also only record if I'm "in the mood", so the hype usually isn't an issue. Why force yourself to do something you're not feeling?

Balious
Member Avatar

Watching Let's plays or maybe listening to music from either the game or from similar games tends to help me focus. Usually though if I don't record for a while, I just end up not wanting to do it which makes it harder for me to get back into it... But once I done one or two videos, I don't want to stop.

Maser
Member Avatar

A few beers and a few chats on Omegle or Skype and I'm good to go!

Blattymeow
Member Avatar

Basically what Balious said. Having the time to record alone is enough motivation to want to keep the momentum. I make sure to have a drink nearby and I like to eat a good while before recording otherwise I may need to clear my throat multiples during recording depending on what I ate/drank.

Loveless
Member Avatar

Balious
May 15 2017, 02:03 PM
Usually though if I don't record for a while, I just end up not wanting to do it which makes it harder for me to get back into it... But once I done one or two videos, I don't want to stop.
Same! I messed up a recording twice about a week ago, which totally discouraged me from wanting to do the same things again for a third time; it was difficult to make that first video in what felt like a long time, but once I got going, I sat there for almost an hour. :)

Entering the right mindspace for recording can be hit or miss for me. I'll write out a list of things I want to cover in the episode at hand because I have terrible memory, and sometimes just looking at what I'm about to play gets me excited. Other times, it doesn't.

Sometimes, all it takes is the countdown I do before I unpause the game to ensure everything is synced up - each number leaves my mouth more frivolous than the last.

Xelderik
Member Avatar

I usually have a nice cup of tea on stand by, listen to some music and just try and relax and think about what I want to achieve during my recording session and then try and make it happen, but sometimes that don't go to plan so I end up winging it lol.

Other times I will just watch or do something none YouTube related and just dive straight in if the mood takes me, that's an important factor for me, it's all about the mood.

Armored Chocobo
Member Avatar

I usually get myself something real nice, and take it away right before I get it.

...oh wait, it's "psyche" not "psyke".

Hideousgamer
Member Avatar

Zack Hemsey - "The Way" This song gets my pumped big time the music and the words of the song are just pure gold to me.

athrun_talan
Member Avatar
Cornish Geek Extraordinaire
I tend to watch a few Youtube videos and have a couple of drinks on hand. If it's evening, it'll be a cup of tea and something a bit stronger, to keep my throat from drying up too much.

I find if I'm too tense I don't commentate very well, so a glass of whiskey or rum tends to help relax me a bit.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Let's Play & Live Stream Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ