Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bayonetta Thumbnail
Topic Started: Apr 30 2017, 11:49 PM (485 Views)
Just Mad Gamers
Member Avatar

Hiya,

Making a thumb for our upcoming LP of Bayonetta. Would love some feedback.

Is it too much? Too Busy? Not enough detail?

Also, I had to compress the crap out of it in order to attach it. I'm sorry if it's too pixelated.
Alternatively, click HERE for the same but better quality.

Thanks in advance

Attached to this post:
Attachments: WIP_Bayonetta___1_thumb2_smaller..jpeg (192.79 KB)
Edited by Just Mad Gamers, May 1 2017, 12:16 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DoctorMadcow
Member Avatar
Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
The art is great, and I like it a lot. However, I think it may be a bit too busy. The title of the game seems to be lost among everything surrounding it. If I saw this as a smaller thumbnail while scrolling YouTube, it wouldn't be immediately apparent to be that this is a Bayonetta video. Perhaps give some more space surrounding the title to give it a bit more breathing room, because nothing seems to stand out currently. As just an art piece, it's good. But the purpose of a thumbnail is to grab attention and inform the viewer of content, and I don't think this effectively does that. Love the cartoon style though!

Just Mad Gamers
Member Avatar

I appreciate the feedback. I was working on it last night and thought the same thing! As a Youtube thumb, it does need to grab attention. So in light of this, I can make two versions: one that zooms into the title more with the main character's faces and the full one that plays in the animatic intro when the viewer plays the video. Maybe?

What do think? Am I too greedy to want to grab attention with a zoomed in version and showcase the art in the intro?

DoctorMadcow
Member Avatar
Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
Zooming in might work. Also, if there's a way to add a stroke or glow around the title in the original image, I think that could help it pop out some more.

Just Mad Gamers
Member Avatar

I did add a glow but it's very subtle. I'll see about increasing the intensity or trying the stroke.

Thanks

Blattymeow
Member Avatar

I agree that the original thumbnail looks a bit busy. The largest offender is the stuff in the middle with the two characters and the title itself. It's good original work (I assume) so that's a plus!

Just Mad Gamers
Member Avatar

Ok, I've been work and I have a plan ;)

This is my YT thumb...
Posted Image

While this will be the intro title screen.
Posted Image

What do ya think?

Rockheadrumble
Member Avatar
A VERY Stubborn Gamer
Nice! as a big bayonetta fan this looks really good it makes me wanna play it again seeing it great job!!

Just Mad Gamers
Member Avatar

Rockheadrumble
May 6 2017, 04:22 PM
Nice! as a big bayonetta fan this looks really good it makes me wanna play it again seeing it great job!!
Nice! I'm glad the art invokes that kind of emotion.
Thank you

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Creativity Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ