Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Upload Schedule?
Topic Started: Mar 24 2017, 02:22 PM (1,045 Views)
ThisAdamGuy

I know the really popular Let's Play channels upload a video every single day, sometimes multiple videos a day, but I don't have the time to record that much footage with work and my writing. Right now I'm thinking of updates every Monday and Thursday. What do you think is a good upload schedule?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DoctorMadcow
Member Avatar
Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
At least one video a week - I think you should be good with two. The important thing is to try and keep it consistent. People love patterns and repetition. Monday and Thursday sounds good to me. No one will riot if you miss a day or upload a day late, though.

ThisAdamGuy

Cool. What do you think about only having one series going vs two? I know some people would like the variety, but if I've got two series going and only two videos per week, they'll only get one episode of each game per week. I'm considering doing a second series with Rogue Legacy.

DoctorMadcow
Member Avatar
Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
I'm all about multiple ongoing series. It's nice to have variety as a viewer, and will keep your sanity as an LPer. One episode each per week sounds pretty reasonable to me, as long as they're a good length (20-30 mins).

Ducknuck84
Member Avatar

i've done a two vid a week schedule for a while and found that it works well, use to do 3 a week but just dont have the time at the moment. anyway the alternating days is also a good idea as like DoctorMadcow said it lets the viewer have variety and the 2nd might attract viewers who aren't interested in the first. One thing to note though is that if the game you are playing is super long people might look else where if they catch up on past videos.

Random431
Member Avatar

We make 3 videos a week. We run 2 different Let's Play on Monday and Friday and then do "Whatever Wednesdays", which is those game we just wanna try or games with no storyline that will not become a series and will only be 1 video.

Raxby
Member Avatar

My base upload schedule is relatively simple. One video every day. I'll upload special one-offs in addition to the regular LP episode, so sometimes there will be a double upload. I run about 2-3 series at a time, so that means each series sees a new video once every 3 days at least.

FEZeldalord12345
Member Avatar

Unfortunately due to college, along with the amount of work that goes into my videos, I'm unable to keep a schedule. My videos usually take quite a few hours to make, and in addition to the amount of work I have with college, I can't work on videos on a regular basis. In addition, I now have a part-time job, which makes it impossible for me to even make videos now.

Warr
Member Avatar

I upload everyday at 7:30PM GMT. That's how I have it schedulled most days.

Altough right now I'm feeling like uploading 2 a day because I feel like I've been dragging my 2 current LPs for two long.

The Fabulous Crusty
Member Avatar

Whatever works for you should work for the channel as far as consistency goes. It's important to communicate with people though, so let them know when to expect new videos.

I do however believe that the longer the wait between videos the higher the quality should be. We're all doing let's plays, so why should anyone hang around and remember you unless you're uploading every day and thus are in their minds on a regular basis? There are plenty of channels that upload once a month and continue to get the views, and they get that because the quality is so high and it feels as though it's worth the wait.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Let's Play & Live Stream Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ