Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

ADVERTISING IS GONE.

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cartoon Versions of Letsplayers; The strange appeal of toonification
Topic Started: Mar 12 2017, 04:03 PM (293 Views)
Tonypizza3
Member Avatar
Entertainer / Alcoholic / Gamer
Just had an amazingly talented friend of mine draw me and my co-host as toons to follow suit on a significant trend I've been seeing frequently in the letsplay community, which leads me to ask the question... what's the appeal here?

Yes the images pop and I suppose there's a nostalgia factor involved but how did this become such a staple for Letsplayers? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts and to share your own self-toonification if you have it.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: BNB_Toon_Logo_Thumbnail.png (55.23 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blattymeow
Member Avatar

I honestly do not know where that caught on but I for one dislike it. (Not yours, in general). Something to do with further amplifying your persona I suppose.

CasualJake
Member Avatar

I suppose its for a personal touch. I personally prefer to see an artist rendition over a picture of a person plastered on to a thumbnail a majority of the time. An actual picture just doesn't match video game rendering at all IMO. Also, your friends art style is awesome!

DoctorMadcow
Member Avatar
Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
I like those a lot - I think yours is amazing!

Maser
Member Avatar

Had a friend once turn me into an anime character. If I didn't already hate anime, I would have hated it when I saw how I looked animeized! I cringe at just thinking of it now.

Just Mad Gamers
Member Avatar

Tonypizza3
Mar 12 2017, 04:03 PM
Just had an amazingly talented friend of mine draw me and my co-host as toons to follow suit on a significant trend I've been seeing frequently in the letsplay community, which leads me to ask the question... what's the appeal here?

Yes the images pop and I suppose there's a nostalgia factor involved but how did this become such a staple for Letsplayers? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts and to share your own self-toonification if you have it.
I feel like the "paste your logo on a render of the game with a number" is done so much. I understand that it's only there to show the view what they are gonna see, but it's bland for me and everyone does it.

As an artist, I love the "toonification" of ones persona and I made one for everyone in my group. I typically implement the style/toons (depending on who's playing) in the thumb of the game we're playing.

I added an example...

Attached to this post:
Attachments: indivisible_thumb..jpeg (189.94 KB)

HeartGirl26
Member Avatar

I like it but then again that's how my style is when I come to draw and some of the works I've seen of certain Let's Players look so awesome. Not everyone can draw realistic as long as it doesn't hurt someone who cares if its cartoony/animeish they obviously take time to do it that's what really matters.

Karzie
Member Avatar

I personally wish I had the patience to draw cartoon versions of my playthroughs to get cool thumbnails. I always figured it was for people who could draw or people who are that rich to comision them. I don't know why its so damn appealing but it just is...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Creativity Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ