Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

ADVERTISING IS GONE.

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What was the first game you ever owned?; Not played, but owned
Topic Started: Feb 6 2017, 12:26 PM (866 Views)
LittleKat
Member Avatar
LITTLE KAT!
What was the first ever video game that you actually owned? Something that you could play whenever you wanted without having to go to a friends house or something.

------------------------------------------------------
For me, it was Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. My Grandmother bought it for my dad and my dad and I would play it together. I still have yet to beat the game in 17 years, its so hard!
looking back at the game now I'm surprised I was allowed to play it or that it wasn't rated M (for the time). ( a guy gets his neck slit in the game and its live action!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blattymeow
Member Avatar

I am going to simply this and note the first game I personally purchased with my first paycheck.

That being Mario Sunshine 8-)

CasualJake
Member Avatar

First game I ever owned was a hand me down. I got my older brothers NES with Super Mario Bros, Excitebike, Duck Hunt, Metroid, and I had a 30 in 1 cartridge. First I ever bought was Mega Man X on the SNES, still one of my favorite games!

OmySpy
Member Avatar

When I was really young the first thing we had was an NES with Mario/Duck Hunt, and then I think my parents got me my own Gameboy with Tetris.

Rockah12
Member Avatar

Super Mario 64. I got it when I was 2!
Aaaand then my mom sold my N64 when I was 5. I still haven't forgiven her. I'm joking of course. And I can't find a decently priced copy of SM64 anywhere now that I've got a working N64. Not joking there.
As for the first game I bought with my own money, possibly Metal Gear Solid 4, but my memory's spotty so it was probably something else.

Vashido
Member Avatar

Hm. I think it was Doom tbh. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Bought our first PC in 96, and Doom with duke nukem 3D with it. And from there it goes)

athrun_talan
Member Avatar
Cornish Geek Extraordinaire
First one was probably from the original Gameboy - it'll have either been Tetris or Super Mario Land. I loved that console.

Jate8D

I got a handful simultaneously from my father when he gave us his old N64. 1080 Snowboarding, Ocarina of Time, Star Wars Racer, probably a couple of others less memorable to me. The first game I actually bought myself was Ratchet and Clank for the PS2.

Rockheadrumble
Member Avatar

Mario 64 played that game constantly until the console broke

Ducknuck84
Member Avatar

Astrosmash, among other for the intelivision that my father had before I was born but that i could play anytime i wanted. As for games where it was mine exclusively Zelda: Link's awakening.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Community Banter · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ