Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Opinions on my banner
Topic Started: Aug 17 2016, 09:17 PM (1,167 Views)
Nutfee
Member Avatar
Nutfee
I've never been too great at making art, or being artistic, which may be why I think my banner seems bland and generic. Any ideas on how to make mine better? Here's a link to my page, since I'm not sure as to what would be the best way to show it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2x-kRHLL30prWxYjccmjQ
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WolfOfOdin
Member Avatar
Turns Pokemon Into Killing Machines
Nutfee
Aug 17 2016, 09:17 PM
I've never been too great at making art, or being artistic, which may be why I think my banner seems bland and generic. Any ideas on how to make mine better? Here's a link to my page, since I'm not sure as to what would be the best way to show it.

It's pretty good. I have no artistic ability either, I made my banner and thumbnails from pictures on the internet, if you use paint.net or photoshop then layers are your best friend ever. With a lot of time and patients you can create something awesome using that method. But I like your banner, hand drawn art is always nice to see.

Nutfee
Member Avatar
Nutfee
WolfOfOdin
Aug 17 2016, 11:18 PM
Nutfee

It's pretty good. I have no artistic ability either, I made my banner and thumbnails from pictures on the internet, if you use paint.net or photoshop then layers are your best friend ever. With a lot of time and patients you can create something awesome using that method. But I like your banner, hand drawn art is always nice to see.
Thanks! It's actually not hand drawn, though. I made the guy and the heart using a pixel based art program called Aserprite. So, I'll just keep working at it, I guess.

WolfOfOdin
Member Avatar
Turns Pokemon Into Killing Machines
Nutfee
Aug 18 2016, 06:18 AM
WolfOfOdin
Aug 17 2016, 11:18 PM
Nutfee

Thanks! It's actually not hand drawn, though. I made the guy and the heart using a pixel based art program called Aserprite. So, I'll just keep working at it, I guess.
Ah, it looked hand drawn to me. Pretty good work, I find doing pixel work very difficult so nice job.

WithASliceOfOrange
Member Avatar

I think it's charming. It's got that MS Paint feel to it. Not in a bad way, in a kind of ironic way.

jrincegaming

It is pretty good actually it is simple but it kind of has a retro 8 bit feel which always is fun

Space Cops
Member Avatar

I love the simple design and the shining heart with the "N" inside it! I think you did an awesome job. It might be a great idea to bother somebody with Pixel Art experience to make a pixelated rendition of this design. That would be a great direction to take to evolve your design. Something about how you've put everything together makes me think it would look REALLY good pixelated. Excellent job, sir :)

- Scott from the Space Cops

Brendalf
Member Avatar

Honest opinion, i dont really like it at all. No offense but I assumed to hear some 11 year when I clicked on a video.
plus side I like the logo you chose, needs some polishing and cleaning up though? isnt it a reference to kirby or some other nintendo game just a generic game heart? just be careful when it comes to referencing something in your branding. So far i'm liking the videos on your channel but I would never know if they were reviews because of the banner.

saying that, after checking some videos, I'm liking them. be happy to help you with your branding ^^ if you need any help
Edited by Brendalf, Jan 28 2017, 05:30 AM.

OverwatchBuffed
Member Avatar

I'd agree with Brendalf on this one. Put a little more work into the banner if you could somehow.

To be honest I'm not one to talk since I don't even have a banner yet. To be honest I'm kind of fear my lack of artistic abilities.

HappyTrigger
Member Avatar
I'm Happy, Are You?
It's very simple, in a good way. It's welcoming and I love the color scheme.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Creativity Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ