Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

ADVERTISING IS GONE.

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What do you guys use to record your gameplay!?
Topic Started: Jul 5 2016, 12:19 AM (2,418 Views)
SoloAsherX81

Just curious!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrTimmato-Plays
Member Avatar

Personally I use OBS (Open Broadcast Software) for recording software.

As for a microphone I either use a mix between the following.

- The Blue Yeti
- A Plantronics Wireless Headset (I forget which one xD)
- The AudioTechnica ATR2100

Honestly I haven't been disappointed with the quality of any of the stuff I use if you wanna ask any other questions I'll be happy to help if it's i my knowledge just PM me xD

If you were going with the AudioTechnica I'd recommend a pop-filter as it can pick up certain noises rather easily.

Hope this helped xD

-MrTimmato

XBONED

Hi,

I use Xsplit Broadcaster. It does cost a subscription fee of 17 GBP ever 3 months, but I found it to be the most stable and very interactive. I was having big issues with the Elgato software provided with the capture card in that it was skipping frames which meant the audio was really out of sync. I lost a lot of work because of it.

My microphone is also a Blue Yeti (Black Edition) and I use Soundforge to edit the audio with IZotope audio enhancer which really gives it a boost. My new vids you can tell the audio difference.

My webcam is a Logitech C920 which gives really clear smooth images.

Hope that helps and if you need any more advice just ask!

Good luck in your adventure :)

MisinformedBros
Member Avatar

I typically use Fraps to record, I've tried Xsplit a bit but haven't found much need to change from Fraps quite yet, it does the job. I've had issues with Xsplit files and Premiere as well... Audio we use a Blue Snowball for the group recordings, or myself I use my Razer Kraken gaming headset for my own videos.

Alivation

I use Shadowplay for ingame footage, and use audacity to record my audio of me speaking (with a yeti on a boom arm and a shock mount). I've recently noticed sagging on my mount so I might need to replace it, but I can probably just not use it at this point in my new place.

PirateMonkE
Member Avatar

I don't really know much about streaming software, so I mostly just stream through twitch or youtube using the PS4 share button, then I save my stream and edit it into smaller episodes using Sony Vegas Pro.

I wish I knew how I could get my gameplay onto my computer so I could record footage without having to be stream online where others can see my footage. Would help for when I just want to record a small segment.

Ducknuck84
Member Avatar

I use FRAPS for most PC games with the occasional OBS for older games that FRAPS can't detect. I also have an Elgato for capturing my PS2 and eventually PS3 games. For my Mic i use a Samson C01U which is about on par with a Blue Snowball. although i want to upgrade to a Yeti eventually. for Audio editing I use Audacity and make my thumbnails in GIMPS

ViciousPrism

XBONED
Jul 5 2016, 04:51 PM
Hi,

I use Xsplit Broadcaster. It does cost a subscription fee of 17 GBP ever 3 months, but I found it to be the most stable and very interactive. I was having big issues with the Elgato software provided with the capture card in that it was skipping frames which meant the audio was really out of sync. I lost a lot of work because of it.

My microphone is also a Blue Yeti (Black Edition) and I use Soundforge to edit the audio with IZotope audio enhancer which really gives it a boost. My new vids you can tell the audio difference.

Were you using Premiere with the Elgato software? I only ask because I had the same problems, with the video dropping frames. Turns out it's to do with the way that Elgato exports to MP4, where it uses Variable Bit Rate instead of Constant Bit Rate. Premiere doesn't play nice with VBR at all, so instead of exporting to MP4, you can use the default .TS files within your original capture folder.

KingBudono
Member Avatar

I'm just starting out, but I use an HDPVR 2 to record my emulator gameplay. I got it for a really good deal on Craigslist and it works way better than FRAPS ever could! At least for me..

XBONED

ViciousPrism
Jul 13 2016, 02:49 AM
XBONED
Jul 5 2016, 04:51 PM
Hi,

Were you using Premiere with the Elgato software? I only ask because I had the same problems, with the video dropping frames. Turns out it's to do with the way that Elgato exports to MP4, where it uses Variable Bit Rate instead of Constant Bit Rate. Premiere doesn't play nice with VBR at all, so instead of exporting to MP4, you can use the default .TS files within your original capture folder.
I don't use Premier, I use Sony Movie Studio but I think you may be onto something there. When I watched the preview on the Elgato it all looked fine, but as soon as I export it the video loses frames but the webcam and audio were in front. Progressively got worse through the video. I'll look into this because if it saves me the Xsplit subscription then I am all for it!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tech Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ