Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

News Box

Read the Rules!

General Forum Rules
Recent Updates

Welcome to the Let's Play Sanctuary!

Welcome to Lets Play Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. If you join the forum, you can be part of a friendly and welcoming community of Let's Players and meet new people. You will also be able to post around the forum, interact with other members and enjoy all the features of the forum that are available to you.

If you're joining our community for the first time, please be sure to look over the rules. They're there in place to help you learn how the forum works and give you tips on posting. Otherwise, feel free to get involved in the many discussions we have on the forum, and get to know your fellow Let's Players!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My Thumbnail Artwork; Looking for some feedback!
Topic Started: Apr 12 2016, 04:20 PM (1,215 Views)
Waltonsaurus
Member Avatar

Hey guys! I've been working on a custom thumbnail for my Let's Plays, and was wondering if you could give me some feedback? For the longest time I've loved to draw
cartoons, and decided it was high time I ditched the rather generic thumbnails I've been making for my channel and do something a little flashier. So, tell me what you think.

I'll probably post more as I do them, but for now here's the one I made for my Super Mario Sunshine playthrough.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

redxrain3
Member Avatar
The "3" is silent

I've been watching your series and I gotta say, this is totally deserving of the awesomeness that is your videos. :-) The art is reminiscent enough of the Mario franchise's playful, childlike style that it's very fitting, but it also has an undeniable style of its own.

The one thing I would change is the color of your episode numbers. There's a lot of color going on in the thumbnail, so the episode number gets lost due to the fact that it's the same blend of colors as the sky behind it. Even at full-size here, it's easy to miss, so it'll be even more difficult to see when YouTube shrinks it down. Maybe make it red, yellow, or orange?

Waltonsaurus
Member Avatar

redxrain3
Apr 14 2016, 12:08 PM
I've been watching your series and I gotta say, this is totally deserving of the awesomeness that is your videos. :-) The art is reminiscent enough of the Mario franchise's playful, childlike style that it's very fitting, but it also has an undeniable style of its own.

The one thing I would change is the color of your episode numbers. There's a lot of color going on in the thumbnail, so the episode number gets lost due to the fact that it's the same blend of colors as the sky behind it. Even at full-size here, it's easy to miss, so it'll be even more difficult to see when YouTube shrinks it down. Maybe make it red, yellow, or orange?
Thank you so much! That means a lot!

Yeah I think you're right. A nice orange should compliment the blue sky just nicely! Thanks!!

Connors Let's Play Channel

That thumbnail looks badass! How long does it take to make a thumbnail like that??

Waltonsaurus
Member Avatar

Connors Let's Play Channel
Apr 15 2016, 09:41 AM
That thumbnail looks badass! How long does it take to make a thumbnail like that??
I think it took me about four or five hours, and a good chunk of that was finding references to use, haha!

Waltonsaurus
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Just whipped up a new thumbnail for our Eternal Darkness Let's Play. What do you think?

Mycosa
Member Avatar

Personally, I love your drawing style. I would just make the game logo itself a bit bigger, because some people have to see them on tiny screens, so a larger logo will show a bit better. Otherwise, this is awesome.

ZgonGG
Member Avatar

Very nice style :) keep it up!

Waltonsaurus
Member Avatar

Mycosa
Apr 27 2016, 04:55 PM
Personally, I love your drawing style. I would just make the game logo itself a bit bigger, because some people have to see them on tiny screens, so a larger logo will show a bit better. Otherwise, this is awesome.

I had it all sketched out with the intention of using a bigger logo, but then Alex came along and ruined it all (haha). I'll have to have a play around and see what I can do, because it is a little too small. Also, thank you!

ZgonGG
Apr 28 2016, 08:23 AM
Very nice style :) keep it up!

Thank you very, very much!

Waltonsaurus
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Here's another one for our Rocket Knight Adventures Let's Play. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Creativity Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the IFSZ